Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Unemployment figures - New Labour innumeracy

I am a bit of a news junkie, as you will get to know by reading this blog. When I was reading the news earlier this afternoon, I found 2 completely contradictory stories about unemployment.

The first was UK unemployment at six-year high. The second was Unemployment down, says Blair.

What?!?! I think many bad things about this government but I never thought that innumeracy was one of them. I am about to start a maths degree (with physics) so it would seem that I can count. Not so. Unemployment has gone down to reach a 6 (yes, six) year high.

1 Comments:

At 18/9/06 15:13, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well in the scheme of things, unemployment now, or for the past 4-5 years compared to any tory government year after 1079, and yes unemployment is down.

we even beat you by your own mathematical calculation.

boo hoo, pray to jesus or something

 

Post a Comment

<< Home