Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Sometimes things are just meant to happen

As I mentioned earlier today, I have been battling with some pretty serious personal issues over the last week or so. In fact, I have had many issues to deal with for most of this year. It was only in March that I realised that there was a problem that needed sorting. I hope you will understand that I do not wish to disclose any further information as this is something I will have to deal with in my own time and way. I just wanted to use this as an introduction to a post about my religious beliefs.

I've believed in fate for as long as I've believed in God. I've put many of my experiences down to fate. For example, I believe that I was not destined to study maths and physics and so decided to drop out of the course and switch to politics. I believe that if something was meant to happen then it will happen. How we get there, however, is not so well defined.

I am about to take over as prayer secretary for Christian Focus. This role includes a bit of spiritual guidance for those who need it. I believe that events since the beginning of March happened as they did to help prepare me to use this role for God's glory. My faith is really being tested to the limit right now and I will confess that it has not been easy. I gave in to temptation once and very nearly did another time. Yesterday, it was prayer that helped me to resist temptation and carry on as things were. I feel that someone might be coming to me at some point with a very similar problem, needing spiritual guidance. It might be that I will be better equipped to help this theoretical person having been through hell myself.

In a conversation last night, I explained what I was going through to another Christian. He told me that he thought there were 2 different types of Christians - the 'happy clappy evangelicals' who spread the Word but don't seem to have too many problems, and those who seem to have their faith constantly tested. Both of us fell into the latter category and as such he knew exactly where I was coming from. He helped me to see that I could work for God's glory and not have to give in to any kind of temptation. He helped me to see that I would come out of this situation as a much better person with much stronger faith.

I just get the feeling that some things were just meant to happen and that we should not get too concerned by the situations we end up in as, with God's help, anyone can get out of any dodgy situation. Having been there, I know how difficult it is and how easy I thought it would be to just give up but I also know that it is possible to get out of even the worst of situations.

1 Comments:

At 13/2/11 16:05, Blogger mewmewmew said...

I just get the feeling that some things were just meant to happen and that we should not get too concerned by the situations we end up in as, with God's help, anyone can get out of any dodgy situation. Having been there, I know how difficult it is and how easy I thought it would be to just give up but I also know that it is possible to get out of even the worst of situations.



Wholesalers
hot tub

 

Post a Comment

<< Home