Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Jesus Camp

Whilst listening to the radio yesterday evening, I heard a story about Jesus Camp. It is, in my opinion, a Christian version of Al-Qaeda. Members are expected to die for the Gospel.

I think this is going in completely the wrong direction. We have leaders of Jesus Camp encouraging people who are younger than me to become Christian extremists. That is not the way to take the faith.

I hope that the vast majority of Christians are not going to subscribe to this way of life. Instead, I think we should be focussing on values such as tolerance and treating others as we would like to be treated ourselves. I'm a liberal Protestant and it is this that I subscribe to. Aside from being the Son of God, I believe Jesus was a good man and a good role model for society and I aspire to follow his example.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home