Friday, January 12, 2007

Qualifications and careers

Never again will I repeat my amazing rendition of "Things can only get better" from last term. The latest thing to do when I've had one too many drinks is now to attempt to plan the rest of my life.

This came about after I decided last term that I had made a really big mistake when I was 18. In fact, if it wasn't for the fact I have always associated that song with that Friday morning in May 1997, "Things can only get better" would be one of the songs that best represents November 2006 for me. Instead, however, I decided to settle for "Suddenly I see" by KT Tunstall.

Having discussed the reasons behind my wish to change course to something that I am certain I will enjoy more we decided to move the discussion on to what should I change to that is relevant to my career choice. I don't, however, actually need a degree to do community work. I just enjoy studying so would much rather be on a course that I would find interesting.

Now thinking a little further into the future (and by now I was also rather drunk), we decided that all I really needed was knowledge of GCSE's. That being defined as knowledge that they exist. I may hate John Prescott but he does come in useful for drunken conversations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home