Wednesday, January 10, 2007

It's always good to know who you're up against

There was a sort of mini societies fair at uni today. I went along to man the Craft Society stall in the morning. Once my shift had finished, I walked around and saw my friends from my various other societies. On the way out, I got roped into helping at the Conservatives' stall (though most of the hour I did was spent helping to bring the stall inside as we had chosen to be in a really windy spot and all of our paper was constantly blowing away).

I finally managed to break for lunch at about 1pm but I left with a pile of flyers to deliver to halls. On the way out this time, however, I was given a flyer by none other than the Labour party. This was despite the flyers I was carrying having the words "University of Warwick Conservatives" written across the top of them in rather large letters. Not only this, I am well known as a Conservative on campus. I was at the Go Green Week stall when someone who I don't recall ever having met before asked me if being at that stall was a case of "vote blue, go green".

I read the flyer from the Labour party with interest, though there was only one thing I agreed with - that being where whoever wrote the flyer decided to admit the government weren't too great. I know that knowing who I'm up against in 2007 is not going to be of much use in 2017 or thereabouts but it is always useful to know the strategy and thoughts of your opponents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home