Monday, January 08, 2007

I can negotiate the Circle Line, but...

I've had a few issues on my mind lately. I like to think of it as though I have just reached a roundabout/complicated road junction with lots of different options of where I can go. There are no signposts so I do not know where any of the roads lead. I have already tried some of the roads but I end up deciding that the destination that they lead to is not where I want to end up so I have had to turn back and return to the roundabout to try another road.

Recently, I discovered where my destination is. I'm still, however, going in completely the wrong direction. I have to keep making U-turns until I get it right.

This whole situation reminds me of the lyrics of a song I really like - "if you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there". The issue is, however, that the only thing I know is where I am going. I don't know how to get there and I've tried the "any road" approach. It doesn't work.

I'm in the middle of quite a stressful time at uni right now. Last November I discovered that I had taken a wrong turning back when I was 18 and since then I have done everything I can think of to put it right and at least head in the general direction of where I want to end up. I am still unsure of exactly which road I will take to reach my destination. It does not feel right for me knowing where I will (hopefully - nothing is guaranteed) be in ten years but not having a clue where I will be in ten months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home