Sunday, February 04, 2007

Reasons to hate evangelism

I've had one of those really annoying weekends. I have 600 flyers to get rid of (why I decided to get that many, I do not know) so decided to stand outside the Union for a bit on Friday afternoon. Nobody was that interested in my flyers. Instead they all decided to go to the Christian Union's stall as last week was their big evangelism week. I'm currently hating the CU for stealing my customers, who surely could have taken one of my flyers and gone to the CU stall. I really do not have a clue what I am going to do with 600 flyers because it is really obvious that nobody cares.

Yesterday was not much better. I spent much of it trying to decide what on earth to do with the flyers but managed to get absolutely nowhere. I guess I'll be out again on Monday but being less nice to everyone who happens to walk past.

3 Comments:

At 10/4/07 12:50, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh gosh, don't you think that telling people about God might be a little bit more important than telling people about the tories?

 
At 9/9/08 19:13, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow... You might want to take this opportunity to take a HARD look at your motives for evangelism. Just remember... none of this is about YOU (thank goodness!). The minute you make evangelism about what you are doing, and not on what God is doing, you are no longer evangelizing... You are marketing yourself, and that is the thing Jesus admonished the Pharisees about.

Think about it... Do you really get it completely???

 
At 27/7/09 18:34, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eh, who cares. Christianity can go have a holy circle jerk.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home