Friday, October 06, 2006

In at the deep end

Sorry it has been a while since my last post - freshers' week has been really hectic and I haven't got around to posting any blog entries lately.

Anyway, I've decided to throw myself in at the deep end. I've joined loads of societies and even decided to stand as Union Councillor. It looks like I will have virtually no time left to attend lectures.

I also have a few other things on in the next few weeks. I'm going to an anti top-up fees march in London soon and also to a novice debating competition (though how I am going to fit that into campaigning weekend, I do not know!) at UCL.

A hectic week has soon turned into a hectic month but I am certainly looking forward to the challenge - including turning up at the odd lecture or two. Well, maybe I should actually attend all of my lectures as I do not want to fail my degree.

As if all this wasn't enough, I've somehow been nominated as my hall's kitchen representative (what actually even is a kitchen representative???) and have, perhaps in my own stupidity, decided to accept. I really must find out what my responsibilities are. At least I know why I want to study maths and physics, join societies, and stand for Union Councillor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home