Thursday, October 19, 2006

Sorry to be a bore but this is hopefully the last time

I've had one of those really annoying stressful days today. At the beginning of last week, I was told to expect an email on the morning of Thursday 19th October (today). Fairly excited, though also very nervous, about the contents of said promised email I logged on this morning before my lectures began. There were no emails from this person. In my lunch hour I returned to my computer and logged in again. Still no emails from this person.

I was promised an email on Thursday morning. What had happened? I was already stressed out enough that I had heard nothing but it was even worse because my plans for Saturday were dependent on the contents of this email.

Just before my 3pm lecture, I was becoming extremely stressed out. I really wanted to know what I was going to be doing on Saturday - council training or a day out in Leamington with the Conservative Society. Frustrated at having heard nothing, I decided to take matters in to my own hands and email the guy I was expecting the email from. I then went off to my lecture.

I was in lectures until 6pm this evening, still with my mind far more on what will I be doing Saturday than on anything remotely linked to physics or maths. When I returned to my room and logged in again, I had received 2 emails (I CC'd the email I sent to another guy who I thought might have been able to help me if the original guy couldn't).

The first I read went along the lines of "you should have already been informed but we have just published the results online and you should be able to access them if you log in." OK, I thought, I will do this once I have read my other email.

That is exactly what I did. I was so glad that our very nice sabbatical officer AJ had decided to tell me what I wanted to hear - "congratulations and see you on Saturday at 9:30am."

My problem had been solved. I now knew what I was doing on Saturday, even if it did take considerably longer than what I was expecting. Council training it is! The Tories can just wait a little longer for my much sought-after services. I'll be going to Leamington with them another weekend but I am informed we will be out most weekends between now and May 2007 so I feel I have gained much more than what I have lost out on.

Anyway, much as I hate really long blog entries, I feel that there is one more small thing I need to add. A while ago, PragueTory commented on my blog about taking some of the credit if I was elected to my council. At the time I said that it was not a problem - don't worry, I'm not regretting it or going back on what I said - I just want to thank him and say he can take as much credit as he wants.

2 Comments:

At 20/10/06 06:41, Blogger Praguetory said...

Only a smidgen,(is that how you spell it?) but thanks all the same.

 
At 9/11/06 18:12, Blogger Praguetory said...

Hi Kerri, As a student, you may be interested in the successful campaign that is reported on my blog. All the best. PT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home