Monday, February 05, 2007

One of those days

It really has been weird. It has, however, been a good day.

It all started this morning (well that is what normally happens!) when I was sitting in the Chaplaincy. This is a normal occurrence - in fact, I probably spend more of my free time in the Chaplaincy than all other places put together. I had an interview this morning in the politics department, which led to a really interesting conversation with one of my friends (another Chaplaincy regular) about how bird flu would affect the next election. The best I could come up with, however, was to compare it with foot and mouth in 2001. My contribution to the debate was along the lines of "I don't think it will because foot and mouth didn't have much affect in 2001 and I think incompetence in the Home Office will be much more of an issue" and every so often stating that I can't wait to see the back end of this government.

It was an interesting debate but I soon had to leave for my interview and I managed to get lost in the Social Studies Building. This was, however, not before my friend advised me that I should remove my "I love Boris" badge that I nicked from the freshers' fair back in October as it showed a political bias (I'm so obviously not sporty in any way and I don't think anyone would ever think that I would support a tennis star from 20 years ago in any way). He didn't, however, advise me to remove the huge sign I am wearing on my back all this week to encourage anyone who happens to be walking behind me to vote for me in the officer elections that are this week. I was surprised at this as I was sure it was better to go in and say "yeah, I have a political allegiance" than "I'd actually far rather be a Union officer".

The interview went really well and I was informed as I left that I just need to pass this year to be accepted on to the politics course that I really want to do.

The next bit of good news today was that I managed to get rid of loads of flyers. I still have a huge pile left but I've started to really spread the word, this time to people who seem a little more interested. Having swapped flyers with several candidates today, I have decided that I have a new policy on accepting flyers from people for the rest of this week. I will only accept flyers if the person giving them out accepts one of my flyers. I have a pile at least a couple of inches thick that I still need to get rid of.

All in all, today was a pretty successful day. I hope the rest of the week is as good.

1 Comments:

At 6/2/07 10:25, Blogger Jonathan Morris said...

I don't believe this!

I went to Cademuir with you and you were (are?) friends with my sister - Katie Morris. Obviously, I am Jonathan :-)

Saw your comments on Conservativehome and I thought hmmm.. I know her.

Funny old world.

I have my own blog; freemarketbandit.blogspot.com - check it out ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home